28/01/2013

Tame Impala's 'Mind Mischief' video was released three days ago today, for some reason I've only discovered it today. I am completely out of touch with the internet at the moment as I am delving in to endless episodes of Dragons Den (not by choice) for a college project.
The video itself isn't far short of a masterpiece, I was in a complete trance when I watched it for the first time; nothing new when it comes to Tame Impala videos but the subtle (maybe not so subtle) use of cartoon nudity gave Tame Impala a new edge I didn't think they had. Impressive. I couldn't help, however, to compare it with the video: MGMT's Kids (from 5 minutes), which I am fine with. I understand that Tame Impala supported MGMT way back in 2008. Seems so long ago now, in five years they have gone from being one of the most underrated bands on earth to one of the biggest (within psychedelic rock, obviously). If you haven't heard Tame Impala (god help you), now is the best time to start listening. Can I please point out though, 'Lonerism' isn't their first album; their EP released in 2007 had the ingenious 'Half Glass Full Of Wine' on it. This isn't a biographical description of them, you have wikipedia for that. I'm just recommending that you don't just listen to their newest album. Don't get me wrong, 'Lonerism' is probably in my top five albums for last year, but so was 'Innerspeaker' in 2010 and 'Tame Impala' in 2007, etc etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment